Saturday, July 11, 2009

Put a Lid on it


Sometimes I buy junktique odds & ends by the box. Sometimes I buy jars off eBay and they arrive smashed. Most eBay sellers are ignorant to the concept of bubble wrap. But I always seem to end up with extra lids for jars of all sorts. Repurposing is good, finding a new way to use something old keeps our landfills a little cleaner and our minds creatively innovative.

Repurposed metal vintage jar lid ornies:

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27693434



3 comments:

  1. These would be lovely if you cut a piece of foam board to fit in the lid and added a photograph (so the photo was not 1/2" deep in the lid)

    Pretty ornaments for the Victorian tree. Maybe you should make some in blue for grandsons and offer a choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    good ideas

    i gotta learn to cut tin and thin metal, i think i could salvage out some neat things.

    (((Henrietta)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I just found your blog when you bought some jar lids from my husband on ebay. He told me about your art work. How pretty. I keep wanting to learn to paint but never have. These are so sweet and so are your daughters items. You must be very proud of her entreprenur spirit.
    I'd like to envite you to visit my blog sometime at: http://cottonpickincute.blogspot.com
    Hugs....Tracy

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment